Sunday, July 17, 2011

We're Here!!!

We finally made it to California!  It was a long move for us since Jacob had to do pretty much all the work himself.  I had orders from the doctor to not lift, bend, crouch down, or be on my feet too often, so I was pretty much useless during the move.  Of course, I took care of the meals which is a pretty important job too....right?
Thanks to the help of my sweet sister in law, Tiffany, and brother in law, Jeremiah, they made our move at least two days shorter than it would have been without them.  They each spent six or seven hours at our house, packing lifting cleaning and moving boxes into the truck.  I don't know what we would have done without them.  Thanks Jeremiah and Tiff!!!!
Jacob was able to drive the 26ft truck, yes, I said said 26ft truck, out to San Rafael, CA with one of our really good friends Spencer.  They left at midnight Friday night and arrived at about 3:00pm the next day.  I, of course, was having a great time at my beautiful and sweet sisters house while my wonderful husband made the move and unloaded the truck.  How did I end up with such a wonderful guy?!
I politely offered my company to Jacob to drive out with him and I believe his exact reply was, "Babe, don't take this the wrong way because you know I love you more than anything, but I don't want you to come with me.  No offense but you'll turn a 16 hour drive into a 20 hour drive with all the food and bathroom stops we will have to make."  He was right.  I knew and he knew it.  I knew I would be miserable in that huge truck anyway.  Besides, it gave me a couple of extra days to hang out with my cute Buff and her darling baby Matthew!
I flew into Oakland, CA at around 9:30pm Sunday night.  Our friend Spencer picked me up from the airport and we headed over to our new apartment where Jacob was already unloading our boxes.  After unloading for about 1 1/2 hours, our belongings were all moved in.  Spencer left and Jacob was completely wiped out from the hectic and LONG week.  However, of course at 1:30 am all I can think about is how incredibly hungry I was.  My boys were starving and we didn't have one crumb of food in our house.  Luckily we found a Safeway down the street and got necessary items such as bread, milk, cereal to get us through until breakfast.
Finally we were home.  Our first night (technically our first morning), in our new apartment.  We blew up the air mattress, threw on some sheets, and quickly drifted off to sleep.  Are you wondering why we are sleeping on an air mattress? Well, it's because we gave our bed away with the intentions of buying a new king size mattress when we got here.  However, things have been a little more expensive and a bed is going to have to wait for a few months.  And no, it is not comfortable being four months pregnant with triplets and sleeping on an air mattress.  That will be changing soon though since I am off to live with my  wonderful mother in law in St. George in one week!!!
I will post pictures of our apartment and the complex we live in shortly.  I just wanted to get the moving story out of the way:)
After two weeks here, I can honestly say that we both LOVE it here.  It is the Park City of California.  We are completely surrounded by green trees, hills and beautiful flowers.  I can look out our front window and see deer climbing down the mountain.  We have been told that in the winter wild turkeys roam the grounds.
It was a long move.  It is expensive to live here, but we both feel this is where the Lord wants us to be.  Jacob has the opportunity to receive a wonderful education at one of the top dental schools in the country. It will be a great place to have our three boys.  It is MUCH different than Utah, but different can be a good thing.  We are excited to see what new adventures are ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment