Sunday, July 24, 2011

18 1/2 Weeks!


Here is my 18 1/2 week belly shot....can you tell a difference from the last photo?  I can hardly believe that I am this far along, but at the same time I wish I was further!  I can't wait to get these little guys here and hold them! I guess another reason I an eager for time to go by is that I broke out in this horrible rash that covers the trunk of my body.  I got it when we first moved here and we thought it was PUPP (it has a huge scientific name which I am not going to attempt to type).  It went away after about 7 days, so then we thought it might have just been an allergic reaction to some new lotion I was using.  However, the nasty thing is back:(  It is the most miserable thing ever and the only cure for it is to deliver the baby.  We have learned that it is most common in first pregnancies, when you are having a boy or with multiples. DING DING DING DING!!!! I'm a winner!!! I have all three of those.....ugh.  Thankfully it hasn't spread down my legs or arms, so it is mostly covered up when I am in public.  However, because clothes irritate it, I am in shorts and a tank top most of the time when I am home.  I am desperate and this is one thing that brings relief.  It itches and burns non stop.  Heat irritates it.  Clothes irritate it and anything touching my skin irritates it.  I have to keep myself constantly covered in this nasty menthol lotion or else I want to pull out my hair and scratch off my skin.  Sorry for too much detail......Other than that, I can't complain at all about pregnancy.  I was finally able to get more than an hour of sleep last night which was wonderful!!! I fly to St. George this week and am excited to see my new doctor on Friday!!! I can't wait to get another good and detailed look at my boys!


My cute friend April (new friend whose husband is a third year student), brought this up to our house a couple of nights ago.  Her mom wanted to help out in some way, so she sent money to April to buy a whole bunch of things for the boys.  We were so surprised!!!! I can't believe how generous of a gift this was.  This helped us out so much.  She brought diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, bottles, bath supplies, a bath tub, toys, pacifiers, lotion, diaper rash cream, bibs and burp clothes.  I can't thank her enough for her thoughtfulness and generosity.  Thanks to Mrs. Ashby, our boys will have a good start on many necessary items.    I was also thrown another shower here before I left by the dental school wives.  April hosted it at her house and it was wonderful!!! They all chipped in and got the boys a gift card to Babies R Us! What fun girls I have to come back to when we bring the boys back!  Once again, I can't believe how thoughtful they all were.  I didn't know one of them, yet they gave up their Saturday afternoon and paid a $6.00 toll to cross the Golden Gate Bridge to come to a baby shower for a girl they didn't know.  They each offered their help when the boys get back as well.  What sweethearts!  I can't even begin to describe all the many ways the Lord has blessed us not only in life general, but with these sweet boys I am carrying.  Jacob and I have been absolutely amazed by the blessings we have received through all of this from the very beginning.  It has strengthened our relationship as husband and wife as well as with the Lord and all those who have helped in any way. 


Lastly, I wanted to make sure to go to our pool before I left.  Luckily I went before the rash broke out again.  I had the pool all to myself!  It was a perfect afternoon....snacks, lots of water to drink, music and a good parenting book to read.  I was all set for an entire afternoon at the pool!  Too bad I ended up leaving after about an hour due to having to go to the bathroom so many times from all that water I drank.  Water + a big pregnant lady= lots of frequent trips to the restroom. Oh well......maybe when I get back?  I'm sure my boys will all be perfectly behaved so that we can spend entire afternoons at the pool:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your annoying rash! Pregnancy brings such unexpected things sometimes. How sweet of your cute 'friends' to help with another baby shower...aren't they fun? I'm assuming it is only the beginning of the kindness you will see. I am so excited for you to come this next week! Fly safe!

    ReplyDelete