Tuesday, March 19, 2013

It's TIme for an Update

It is once again, long past time for an update.   I feel like time is going by even more quickly than ever now.  Jacob has just over one year left of school.  Yep, you heard me right.  ONE YEAR. I can't believe it!  I have been thinking a lot lately about where life will take us once we are done here.  Not that I am in any way trying to hurry it along.  Yes, having my husband home more often sounds absolutely wonderful, but thinking about the wonderful people we have met here; our friends, this gorgeous place we live, all of the wonderful things do to here.....I'm not wishing that away at all.  It has been such a good experience to be out here.  Despite the challenge of being far away from family, this has been such a fun place to be.  We have had so many great experiences, and hope to have many more before we leave.  I feel  like I have learned so much about myself.  More of the good, the bad and whatever you want to call the middle:) I have learned more about the kind of person I want to be, more about the kind of mother I want to be, more about the kind of wife I want to be.  I feel like the struggles I have experienced here are helping to refine me.  I am learning so much as the boys grow.  They are teaching me more about love, selflessness,  patience, patience, and patience again:).  I am realizing just how quickly my time with them is flying by and just how much there is to do with them, so much to teach them.  I often wonder if there is time enough to do all of that.  And then I wonder just HOW I am going to do all of that.  I am learning that I need to take advantage of every moment I have with them.  Every moment with them is precious.  Even if it doesn't seem like spending time with an incredibly ornery little boy is precious, it is.

I am realizing more and more every day just how important it is for me to have time to myself to read scriptures, pray and reflect on being a more Christlike person.  I am learning to rely on the Lord more.  I can't get through this whole 'motherhood' thing without Him.  And the beautiful thing is that he wants me, and all of us, to rely on Him more.  I feel more peaceful, and like I am a better mom when I remember to have both personal and family prayer, when I read the scriptures or even just an article out of the Ensign.  I feel like I am setting a better example for my boys when I remember to pray before we eat.  They will learn so much by example.  I want our boys to grow up to be wonderful young men and followers of Christ.  They won't learn that on their own.  Jacob and I are here to show them how to be the best they can.  It's a serious job.  I love being a wife and mom.  It's a lot of work.  Anyone who says its easy has never done it.  As crazy and exhausting as it can be, I can't wait to have more kids.  I love my family more than anything.  I have been blessed greatly with the most wonderful, sweet and thoughtful husband, and the most sweet and beautiful little boys.

Speaking of the boys, they are just as crazy and busy as ever!  Both are walking and running everywhere and are into EVERYTHING.  Lately, Drew has been throwing tantrums all day everyday.  For the last week straight.  It's getting old:)  However, he's so stinking cute and I still love him like crazy.  They are both saying "uh-oh", "thank you" and "all done".  They wave and give high five.  Sammy is into mimicking everything I do.  He even pretends to chew gum:) He LOVES to sweep the floor when I have the broom out, and they both enjoy helping me load or unload the dishwasher.  They are turning into such little boys.  I can't hardly believe just how big they are getting or how much they are learning. 












No comments:

Post a Comment