Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another Month Down


Seriously.  It's pretty much already February.  It can't be just yet...it was JUST Thanksgiving!!!! Although, I must say that we are VERY ready for the Spring and Summer seasons to come.  Warmer weather, blossoms, the pool, lots of walks and park days, tank tops and BBQ's.  Sounds good to me! I guess that also means my boys will be older, but I have come to the conclusion that there isn't a darn thing I can do to stop or even slow that down.  From what I hear, growing up is all part of life. 

We have been very busy over the past month.  Christmas was wonderful!  It was so nice to have Jacob home for a couple of weeks!  I realized just how awesome it is to be married again:)  I am pretty much a single parent, so I really LOVE it when Jacob is home to help. 

Jacob and Drew went to Missouri for five days right before Christmas and had a wonderful time with his brother Jared and his family, as well as his mom.  Sammy and I stayed home and had a wonderful time playing one on one, shopping, playing some more and just hanging out.  Having one child at a time is a piece of cake:) It was nice to get Jacob and Drew back home and be a family again. 

The boys got some new fun toys from family, and Jacob and I kept it simple (and cheap) and just did stockings for one another.  It was great!  I fixed us a yummy meal and we were just able to enjoy one another. 

Jacob and I also celebrated 5 years of marriage on December 29th.....WOW!!! Five years already?!  They have been the best five years ever! I am so grateful to be married to such a wonderful man!  And a big bonus for me that he's so handsome:) 

The boys are just about ready to walk.  They have each taken several steps at a time, but once they realize they are walking, they fall.  I'm sure it won't be long until they are running around like little maniacs! Sammy has completely changed and is now incredibly snugly and loves to hug and rest his head on my shoulder.  I LOVE it!  He will just come over on his own and hug my legs or rest his head on my shoulder.  Nothing like some chubby baby love:)

Drew is doing so well!  A few months ago we were so concerned that he was so far behind Sammy developmentally, but he has completely caught up overnight!  It has been so interesting to watch.  He is much more content playing by himself for several minutes at a time, while Sammy can't seem to focus on the same thing for more than two seconds.  Sammy is my curious little explorer and wants to see and do everything.  My concern now is that I am doing my job as a mom and am teaching them so that they can stretch and reach their full potential.  I am always concerned about that.....I am sure I will be for the rest of my life.  I guess that is what comes with motherhood.  I need to get them some toys and activities to help their development as well.  We have held off for so long in buying them things, but I think it's time to invest in a few items that have some sort of educational value and that will help them learn.  I am on the hunt.  Here are some pictures from the last month.  Enjoy!




















2 comments:

  1. Little darlings. They're growing so fast! Tell them to stop until I meet them :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sar, I love seeing all these pics! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete